THE CLARK CONNECTION...

My photo
Wildomar, California, United States
We are Rob and Kim Clark. We have been married 25 years and have 4 great kids! We have been in ministry just about all of our married lives and have spent 15 years serving the Lord Jesus Christ in the beautiful country of Czech Republic. Now we are in California.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Good to be with our other kids in California! Praying for Kim, Kaitlyn and Broden!

After 2 days of travel it was good to get back to the smiling faces of our other kids.  They are obviously glad to have me home, but we are all missing Kim, Kaitlyn and Broden.  
I arrived Monday night to LAX after traveling from Odessa to Budapest to London and to JFK in New York.  In London I had to wait for a flight the next morning, but it wasn't going to be a problem as I figured to just pick a spot in the terminal, tie all my bags to me and sleep light.  The plan was good and I was even directed by a worker to the correct terminal (or so I thought).  About 11pm a security worker came by telling me that I couldn't stay in that terminal.  They were very sorry and sympathetic to my situation, but the terminal for staying overnight, like I wanted to do, is Terminal 1.  I was in Terminal 3.  Since I couldn't go to terminal 1 my only option was to go out through customs to the arrival terminal.  There I spent a restless and uncomfortable night in a cold building.  Oh well, our best laid plans can easily change.  I guess I should have asked a few more questions.  

Around 5am I heard the noise of others who were in my same situation.  They were making their move over to the departures building.  After an hour I was back on track in terminal 3.  I caught my flight to JFK and later to LAX.  I usually sleep on flights, but had the hardest time doing so.  I think I ended up with about 5 hours of sleep (2 of which were in the cold arrivals building of London Heathrow.  But I didn't really care because I was getting back to our kids, which Kim and I agreed was the best move.  They've been well taken care of by our friends the Weavers and Calvis, but it has been a long 3 and a half weeks.  

Upon my arrival to LAX I rented a car and went to The Master's College (TMC) to see Tiffany.  I wanted to visit with her since I was already more than halfway there at LAX.  Traffic slowed me down, but I was able to get there to watch her audition for a part in a play at TMC.  She did very well in her audition and I really was grateful to the Lord for allowing me to make it to that and visit with her at Starbuck's.  I showed her photos that she hadn't seen yet from Ukraine and shared other items about our trip.  Then I had to get on the road to home.  It was 10:30 before I left and I was getting tired.  There were two moments where I got too tired so I started to rub my face a lot, sing to K-eaRTH 101.1 and do some Tarzan yells.  Hey, whatever it takes, right?  The thing that really woke me up was seeing a bad accident, though nobody was injured.  I arrived home about 12:30am on the 18th.  It was good to see Kevin, but Jason and Kelly had already gone to bed.  Kevin and I talked for awhile and then we went to bed.

Please pray for Kim, Kaitlyn and Broden.  The count down over there now is 5 days.  She now has a place to  for all of them to stay in Odessa while getting the birth certificates and Ukrainian passports.  She's still trying to find housing in Kiev, but a Baptist church there might have rooms available.  Please pray that she'll be able to find ways to save $ along the way.  We found the price of some things to be less expensive than expected, but she has to provide clothes, shoes, etc. for them because all that they have now must stay at the orphanage. The temperature there in Kiev has been under freezing, but no snow yet.  

No comments: