THE CLARK CONNECTION...

My photo
Wildomar, California, United States
We are Rob and Kim Clark. We have been married 25 years and have 4 great kids! We have been in ministry just about all of our married lives and have spent 15 years serving the Lord Jesus Christ in the beautiful country of Czech Republic. Now we are in California.

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Embassy Interview Friday?

Dear Family and Friends,
The battle continues and we appreciate you for your prayers.  Kim communicated today with us the following: "I finally connected with the doctor tonight. She had not gotten the English version before leaving work. Marina says that Natasha (adoption lawyer) sent it so possibly no one gave it to the doctor. I will call the doctor in the morning to see if it is there. If not, Natasha will fax it again. The original will arrive on the 9:30am train. ... Anyway, tomorrow will be a race to get to the embassy before they close. Traffic is unreal in the city and it will be Fri which is always worse."
Getting to the embassy in time is related to having time to do their interview for passport and visa.  Following that Broden's visa will be rejected.  If she doesn't make it on Friday, then they have to wait till Monday.  The waiver can't be sent to the 2 US agencies for their approval until this interview and subsequent rejection has taken place.  These interviews only happen on a weekday. The embassy is saying at least 2 weeks after the interview before approval. Please pray that they will be able to have it on Friday, which is 10 hours ahead of us here in California.  
Here in California I've been trying  to obtain contact information for the CIS, CDC and a county HIV program that we need to enroll Broden in.  It was not going well.  Then I came across something that just seemed obscure, but possibly what I needed.  I called and it turned out to be a State Department Adoption Hotline, though it sure didn't seem like that's what I'd found.  Well, it was "INFORMATION JACKPOT".  They provided me with everything I needed and then some.  I was off and running. I contacted this county HIV assistance program, Inland HIV/AIDS Project, and they were very helpful.  They provided me with a letter over the internet in 15 minutes stating they were willing and prepared to enroll  Broden into their assistance and support program as soon as he arrives to the US. Then I contacted the CIS and they have an over the phone Service Request center for asking for an expediting of our case.  Their system was down, but I'll be calling them Friday morning.  The CDC number that I called didn't seem to be what I was looking for, but I learned some things about their role as "Review Only" and that CIS is the final approval.  Then I contacted our State Representative Darrell Issa.  I was looking to ask for his help and influence in requesting the expediting of an approval for our medical waiver.  I wrote a letter with detailed information of the situation and our request for his help and action on behalf of our son/family.  I'll be driving that to his office tomorrow.  All in all it was an interesting day.  
Meanwhile Kim and the kids are enjoying time with the Carters and their children (when they aren't running around town).  They have biological children as well as 2 adopted Ukrainian children (Ashlee and Ethan - both 10, not twins). Ashlee likes to tell blonde jokes :).   Kaitlyn and Broden are enjoying their time with these kids.  For us it is a bonus to our prayers,  because having others to play with takes their mind off the other activities and the waiting.  They are getting to see first hand some other kids that were adopted and the result.  I'm praying it is influential on them as a glimpse of how things will be for them.  Kim asks prayer for the following: "It is late and I need some sleep. I'm getting pretty sick so I need to rest. It is good that the weekend is here.  I won't have to go running around. Pray that I can be an encouragement to Lisa (Carter) and any others while I am here."
Praise the Lord that Pam Greer and her new son Justin will fly to LAX arriving around midnight on Friday. Congratulations to the Greer family (Kevin, Pam, Garrett and Morgan) on their new son and brother ~ ~ Justin!.

No comments: