THE CLARK CONNECTION...

My photo
Wildomar, California, United States
We are Rob and Kim Clark. We have been married 25 years and have 4 great kids! We have been in ministry just about all of our married lives and have spent 15 years serving the Lord Jesus Christ in the beautiful country of Czech Republic. Now we are in California.

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

TWO TOUCHDOWN TUESDAY!!

Dear Family and Friends,
Today we were able to have success in two different countries!  Kim wrote that she and the kids traveled to Kiev by train because their UA passports were received.  Kim wrote:  "Well we got the passports today and I'm on a train with the kids to Kiev :-) Hurray! Hurray! Tomorrow (wed.) we will go straight to the embassy."  
TOUCHDOWN #1!!

For our Tuesday in California it was looking rather grim.  I was primed and ready to go, but couldn't get the DHS office on the phone. I knew that they have limited window hours.  Kim's email came in about 11am our time and I was replying and even writing to her that I don't know what will happen today, when the phone rang.  It was the DHS office and they told us of some additional information to put into the rough draft addendum to the home study.  I then called the social worker, who has been extremely helpful, and we made our plan.  She prepared and notarized the documents I needed while I got gas in the car and then Kelly and I took off.  

The window for submitting documents closes at 3pm!  So, we prayed for smooth freeways (which we got) and to be able to park quickly in downtown LA (which we found).  Then Kelly and I made it to the building by 2pm.  There was a line of over 100 people in front just waiting to get in!  I sent out some SOS prayer texts and 15 minutes later we were through the security line and off to find the DHS office.  Ten minutes later we were able to submit our documents and waited for the DHS officer to return from lunch to finalize it.   I  asked for expediting the approval to Kiev, but she said they can't do that.  Then she told me that she was sending an email "heads up" to the National Visa Center.  Finally, she gave me the NVC's phone number and email, so now I am able to contact them as well and ask for expediting of the approval over to Kiev!  
TOUCHDOWN #2!!

We would ask you to pray for the waiver to get approved through the CDC in Washington and Moscow quickly too. Also, that Kim and the kids can get the other items at the embassy accomplished quickly.  Thank you for joining us in prayer.

Last night I didn't sleep much.  I normally sleep like a log, but I woke up quite early today and decided to get up and pray and then study.  I was sensing in my thoughts and feelings far too much discouragement.   I looked into Valley of Vision again and found the following to be a huge encouragement and helpful later in the morning.   
From, God Enjoyed  ~~ (I exchanged the Old English where appropriate for more modern English to help it read better) ~~
Thou incomprehensible but prayer-hearing God,
Known, but beyond knowledge, 
revealed, but unrevealed, 
my wants and welfare draw me to you, 
for you have never said, "Seek me in vain". 
To you I come in my difficulties, necessities, distresses; 
possess me with yourself, 
with a spirit of grace and supplication, 
with a prayerful attitude of mind, 
with access into warmth of fellowship, 
so that in the ordinary concerns of life
my thoughts and desires may rise to you, 
and in habitual devotion I may find a resource 
that will soothe my sorrows,
sanctify my success,
and qualify me in all ways for dealings
with my fellow men.  
I bless you that you have made me capable 
of knowing you, the author of all being, 
of resembling you, the perfection of all excellency,
of enjoying you, the source of all happiness.
O God, attend me in every part of my arduous
and trying pilgrimage; 
I need the same counsel, defense, comfort
I found at my beginning.
Let my religion be more obvious to my conscience, 
more perceptible to those around.
While Jesus is representing me in heaven, 
may I reflect him on earth, 
While he pleads my cause, may I show forth 
his praise.
Continue the gentleness of your goodness 
towards me, 
And whether I wake or sleep, let your presence 
go with me, your blessing attend me.
You have led me on and I have found your 
promises true, 
I have been sorrowful, but you have been my help, 
fearful, but you have delivered me, 
despairing, but  you have lifted me up.
Your vows are ever upon me, 
And I praise you, O God.  

1 comment:

Mike and Gail said...

Psalm 125:1
Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be shaken but endures forever.

Just continue to Trust God, he is in control of all things. We are praying for God's will for you and your family.